Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    dvillabon's Avatar
    dvillabon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Payroll question
    Hi I work a retail pet store and we use a groomer. I guess as a independent contractor. Every week we pay her out of our reg check book instead of a payroll company. What form do I have her fill out?

    Thank you!
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Nov 2, 2006, 04:20 PM
    If you pay her more than $600 (regardless of HOW you pay her), you must have her fill in Form W-9 to get her specific demographic information (name, address, SSN).

    Once the year ends, you must complete Form 1099-MISC and mail copies to the Social Security Administration, the IRS, the state tax authority and to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payroll [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to be starting my own cleaning business and if I have flat rate, charging by the house, how should I pay my employees? :confused:

Payroll [ 2 Answers ]

The annual salaries paid each of the officers of Maxtun, Inc. follow. The officers are paid semimontly on the 15th and last day of the month. Compute the FICA taxes to be withheld from each officers on October 13, and December 29. Oct 13 Tate, jack, president Annual salary $120,000 What's the...

Payroll [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rule of thumb for determining the amount of income a company should pay out as "payroll." (for paying the correct amounts of Medicare, Social Security, etc. etc.). Looking for the generally accepted rule-of-thumb.. I can't remember it.

Journal entries for payroll and depreciation [ 0 Answers ]

c. Recorded the payroll, the payments to employees and the distribution of the wages and salaries earned for the month as follows: total wages of $45,000 $32,000 for direct labor and $13,000 for indirect labor) also $8,000 for salaries and administrative wages. (FIT is taxed at 10% and FICA is...

Payroll garnishment - [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I discovered the company I work for "garnished several months" of my pay - in err.:( I want to know if they are legally responsible for returning my money to me with a small amount of interest?

View more questions Search