Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ks_balan2001's Avatar
    ks_balan2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 7, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Part year taxs (travelling consulant)
    I am a software consulatnt from an xyz company.

    I lived in Florida starting sept to dec. I was working for one of the clients (of employer) in oklahama for the most part remotely from Florida. I did work in oklaham for a week in December.

    My employer has deducted oklahama taxes for the entire month of December.

    I would like to know If I should be paying any OK state taxes if yes is it only for 1 week or for entire 1 month.

    What return should I file. I am totally confused

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 8, 2007, 01:39 PM

    You need to pay taxes for the income you earned while in Oklahoma. Just reduced your annual pay to a daily work rate, then multiply that rate to the number of days you worked in Oklahoma.

    It is possible your employer will do this for you when they issue the W-2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B from Oct'05: part of year resident? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm on H1B, my wife and son are on H4. We are in US (California) starting Oct 12, 2005. I have several questions: 1. I filed an extension of time. As I understand, after 5th of June I will pass substantial presence test (SPT) in 2006, and therefore can file 1040A for 2005 under...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

Part year resident for MA : bank interests [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The instructions for form 1-NR/PY ( I am a Mass. Part-year resident) say on page 9: "Income: Lines 5 through 11, 24, 27 and 28 If you earned only a portion of the income you reported on your U.S. return while you were a Massachusetts legal resident, subtract from your U.S. income the...

Mobile internet access when travelling [ 2 Answers ]

My aunt (canadian) will be travelling in the usa for the next year in her motorhome. She wants to be able to access the internet using her laptop. She's not totally comfortable yet with using a computer or the net. I want to know how I can help her prepare for mobile access while she's in the...

View more questions Search