My husband and I got married. He lives in Wisconsin and I live in Minnesota. I want to stay a resident of MN because of the homestead credit and he wants to stay a resident of WI for various reasons (political, hunting and fishing). We want to file married jointly, but don't know how to do it. My income comes from MN and so does his. Can we file a joint federal return and then how do we handle the state?

Thanks in advance.