Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask's Avatar
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 10, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Married but living in different states
    My wife and I are married but are living and working in different states. Her in California and myself in Michigan. We own a home in Michigan where I live with our 15 year old son. She rents an apartment in California where she lives with our 16 year old daughter. How do we file our federal taxes and our respective state taxes? :confused:
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Apr 12, 2006, 07:59 AM
    I answered your question via email.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

States with the most sunshine [ 12 Answers ]

I have heard that Washington and Michigan are the worst states for sunshine. I would like to see a list of all 50 states that shows which has the most sunshine. Could you get me such a list or tell me where to go to get that list? Our family is dealing with Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Filing Tax for 2 states [ 1 Answers ]

I am working as a software consultant in IOWA and my employer is in NJ. My employer has given me a w 2 which is for NJ. I have worked in IOWA only in last year. I did not earn any income in NJ. Because my employer is in NJ, my withheld state tax goes is going to NJ. For which state Should I file...

F1-H1B change in states [ 26 Answers ]

Hello Atlanta Tax Expert I was on F1 visa from Jan 2005-August 2005, on OPT from September 2005- Nov 2005 and on H1-B visa from Dec1. During my student visa I was in Texas and now moved to Colorado (two W-2 forms). And for the last month of December also had paid State Taxes for Colorado....

Taxes for two States [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in US from 2004 on L1 visa, and last year my company filed a return for me.I was transferred from Helena,Montana to Minneapolis and I travelled on my car and took my things along with me. By what rate I can claim the transportation.What form should I use to claim the amount. I was...

View more questions Search