Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    robin_patra's Avatar
    robin_patra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 21, 2007, 11:25 PM
    L1 Visa : Tax

    I am on L1 visa type to US at Florida.My duration of stay is around 3.5 months only .
    Can anybody please clarify my doubts regarding the tax that I incur being at US:

    Since I am at L1 , am I supposed to Pay

    1. Social Security Tax

    2.Medicare Tax

    3.Federal Tax.

    I came know for Visa Type L1 , one shouldn't be paying "Social Security Tax" and "Medicare Tax".

    Please clarify my doubt.

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 22, 2007, 10:20 PM

    Is your pay coming from a U.S.-based company or a foreign-based company?

    If foreign-based, you may be totally exempt from taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 Visa tax [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am about to start as a trainee (Finance and System Technologies) in NY on a J1 Visa. (18 month). I normally live in Denmark. Denmark has a rule, that states that if I stay in US more that 6 months, then I am free of danish tax. 1) I would like to know what percentage taxes I am going...

Tax on L1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am from India and going to US for 3 year , for this financial year I will be in US for 3 months (90 days) , as my period is 90 days (less than 90 days) do I need to pay tax or even if I pay tax will I get the tax back as return. Please advice. Cheers, Nipun

Tax on H1-B visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear tax expert, Presently, I am single, from India, starting to work as a post-doctoral associate, in a university (non-profit organization).The designation is of employee status in the university. I am paid 37K per annum plus for my medicare. How much I may have to pay as my taxes annually, when...

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

View more questions Search