Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    amfromhyd's Avatar
    amfromhyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 19, 2016, 11:14 PM
    Need to know the percentage of tax I would pay for IRS

    Am currently on OPT and just started working in Arizona.
    Currently federal and state taxes are not withheld from my pay checks. My gross salary is $60,000 per annum. I heard I can pay those taxes to IRS either quarterly or yearly when I file my tax returns. I would like to know how much do I need to pay to IRS quarterly and also yearly if I choose to.
    Also I would like to know how much will be deducted from my pay check if I ask my employer to deduct those taxes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    May 20, 2016, 05:08 AM
    Just ask your payroll department, they can give you the amounts that will be withheld per paycheck. You can then figure out the quarterly amounts to pay the IRS.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,784, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    May 20, 2016, 06:46 AM
    Contact payroll and have them start withholding state and federal INCOME taxes. Complete the IRS Form W-4 and the Arizona-state equivalent form and claim SINGLE status with ZERO allowances to compensate for the fact that NO taxes were withheld for the first 4+ months.

    By the way, while you are on OPT, you are EXEMPT from FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes, so make sure they do NOT withhold those taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay home mortgage in Colombia to lender not based in the USA. IRS Tax implications? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there folks, So I just bought a home in Colombia, mortgage came from a Colombian based lender, who is not based in the USA. The home will not be generating any income whatsoever. I will be responsible to pay property taxes to the Colombian local municipality as well. Do I have to report...

What tax do I pay the IRS when selling a foreign property? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a resident Alien here in the US and file taxes with the IRS. I own property in the UK which I intend to sell, what are the tax implications of selling this property? There is no income or expenses from the property which I effectively use as a residence when returning home to visit family. I...

Do nonresidents pay a smaller percentage tax rate to MA [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a MA company, if I move to NH will the percent of MA taxes I pay decrease being a nonresident?

I will inherit My Mothers tax deferred IRA will I have to pay taxes to IRS [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, amount will be less than 50,000.

IRS will not pay my Tax Refund Owing to me [ 5 Answers ]

Good Day. I filed taxes back in February Electronicall... and was told it had already been done. Spoke to the IRS, who told us to Send in the Paperwork, we did. Then they told us that the SS was filed by someone else. At the time we filed a Police Report / Identify Theft and also informed...

View more questions Search