Dear all,

I am Spanish citizen working here in the US. I have a J-1 visa and according to the US-Spain treaty I am considered as a non-resident alien for taxes purposes. Every year I file the 1040nr-ez plus the 8843 and 8833 and sometime later (~1 month) I got my taxes back. Until here everything is OK. So, my question is the following:

Is there any way to avoid tax withholding? I mean, is there any way to ask my employer to stop collecting taxes from my monthly payments? I did some research but it is not clear for me. Looks like there is the 8233 form that I should fill up and give it to my employer. I also read the 519 publication but also it's quite confusing to me.

Any help out there?