I just got a letter from IRS stating that my wife's ITIN application was rejected because the copy of her passport was not notarized. On the letter from IRS, it says that if we wish to re-apply, we must attach a copy of our fed tax return, and write the word "COPY" on the front page.

But we didn't make a copy of the original signed fed tax return, so my questions is,

If we decided to re-apply

. Should we attach a unsigned copy of our fed tax return?
. Or print out a copy of the return, sign and date again, the current date is way pass 04/15 deadline, if we put in the current date, is there going to be a problem?

Please help, thanks!