Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Daniel93940's Avatar
    Daniel93940 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 31, 2013, 03:27 AM
    International money wire tranfer
    I have dual citizenship. I'm living in the U.S. I also have a bank account in France. I would like to transfer money from my French bank account to my U.S. bank account (over $100000) for a deposit on a house property that I want to purchase. Do I, or do the bank have to report this transaction to the I.R.S. or treasury ? Am I taxable ?
    Thank you in advance for your help ! I much appreciate your expertise...
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Jan 31, 2013, 06:00 AM
    No, it is not taxable. You do not need to report this transcation to IRS. Hope you are filing Form TD F 90-22.1 and reporting any interest income on your U.S. tax return.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 31, 2013, 09:08 AM
    The OP may also have to file Form 3520 to report details about the $100K. Information return only; no taxes due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax implication for international wire tranfer [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen living in Japan. I need to wire US$50,000 from my own Japanese bank account to my US account. What is the best way to do so to avoid tax penalty from US and Japan? Will IRS flag this transaction for possible audit? Thanks!

International wire / money gift to family [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen living in Tokyo. I would like to know if can wire money from to my family members as gift without being taxed? What is the maximum allowed amount and how many times can I do so per year? Do I need to declare these gifts when I file my US tax?

US taxes if I tranfer money to myself from abroad [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am not a US citizen, nor a US resident. I am currently living in Romania, whose citizen I am. However, because I spent a few years in the US (obviously, legal), I have a SSN. I have filed tax returns for 3 years while I was in the US. I have a bank account in the US, but the account is a...

Ovearseas money tranfer for education [ 6 Answers ]

Let me know if I can get money transferred to my bank account from my sister overseas. I want to get transferred the money for education here in US.Is there any limit if the amount is 25k-40k .Will either of us have to pay tax on this amount ?

Tax on money tranfer from abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I retired from my job abroad before moving to the US and becoming a US legal resident (green card). My retirement pay is now up to 35K. I have asked my sister to transfer it here to my bank in the US. What must I do with regard to the IRS? Thank you.

View more questions Search