Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    rmm's Avatar
    rmm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 2, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Income tax to be paid by US resident working abroad
    Q) US income tax applicable on US permanent resident working outside USA
    I am a US resident arrived a month ago. I have a job outside USA which I may continue till I find a job in USA. I do not have any income in US.kindly reply to the above query. Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jul 2, 2013, 06:25 PM
    U.S. residents have to report ALL world-wide income on their tax returns, so it does not matter whether the income is U.S.-sourced or foreign sourced.
    rmm's Avatar
    rmm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 2, 2013, 07:07 PM
    What tax rebates are applicable to foreign earned income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jul 3, 2013, 04:26 AM
    That depends on how you file (resident or dual-status), your marital status and whether you have children.
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Jul 15, 2013, 11:18 PM
    A U.S. citizen or resident must report worldwide income.
    If you paid taxes in the foreign country, you will claim credit for taxes paid in the foreign country by filing Form 1116 or can file form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.

    Another filing requirement is Form TD F 90-22.1 and/or 8938 Specified foreign financial assets (SFFA). Your U.S. Tax Return: U.S. Citizen or Resident with Foreign Income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Tax in India for Money earned in US as J1 scholars working abroad? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a Visiting Research Professor on J1 visa. I will be in US for less than six months and will be returning back to India after that. I am exempt from US federal Tax as per Indo-US treaty, but after going back to India do I have to pay income tax on the money earned in US?

Gift Tax US resident to non US resident abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US resident alien and wants to make a cash gift to both my parents (non US residents) abroad above the annual exclusion of $13,000. I know that I will need to file the gift tax return (form 709). Do I need to file any other IRS forms, since the funds will be wired from US bank account (mine)...

Income Tax for NY resident working in NJ [ 2 Answers ]

As a resident of NYC working in NJ for part or all of a tax year, would a person pay income tax to NJ for income earned in NJ, and also file for a credit in regard to NY income tax liability for income that was subject to tax by NJ?

NJ Resident working in Phili for NY corp income tax witholdings [ 1 Answers ]

I have an employee who lives in NJ, works 98% of the time in NY and is doing a temporary job in Philadelphia. Our company is located in NY. He is having Phili local tax withheld. Does he need PA state taxes withheld or is he considered a non-resident. He has been having NY state taxes withheld...

Is income from US employer paid for work performed abroad tax exempt? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a nonresident (Indian) looking for advice regarding filing my 2006 taxes. I have searched several forums but haven't found a convincing response to the following question: During 2006 I was on F1-OPT till June 28. I started work from my employer in Wash DC on April 24. Since my OPT...

View more questions Search