My wife made some income this year (about 5K) and we are unsure on how to report it. The business owner has not and will not issue W2 or 1099 forms but has written checks to her name which she has cashed out at his bank.

How do we report this on our federal taxes without triggering an audit flag?

After reading Pub 525 from, I don't believe she qualifies as "other income" but she believes she does as it is wages not reported on W2. She wants to report it as "Odd jobs".


Thanks alloverlajolla