Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tableclocks's Avatar
    tableclocks Posts: 403, Reputation: 2
    Full Member

    Feb 15, 2019, 07:46 PM
    How to leave tax free $$ to kids
    I guess its some kind of a trust, 250 k in fidelty funds, at mt death is there a way to leave it to then, 3 kids, tax free or little tax,? A trust of some kind
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,784, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 15, 2019, 07:50 PM
    That is a complex tax question that is really beyond the scope of this forum. The use of trusts as a estate management tool requires specialized training and varies depending on the specific tax situation of each family.

    If you are thinking of setting up a trust, find yourself an estate tax specialist and probably a tax attorney to help you with the process.
    ebaines's Avatar
    ebaines Posts: 12,132, Reputation: 1307

    Feb 15, 2019, 07:52 PM
    Normally you can pass over $5.5 million of assets to your heirs with no estate tax liability. But you indicate that this may be “some sort of a trust” - can you provide any details about it? Was the trust left to you by someone, such as your parents? Do you have the trust documents, and do they say what is to become of the trust assets upon your death?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to leave my fiancŽe and my kids [ 13 Answers ]

I have a very abusive fiancée. We are together for over ten years and he never married me. We have an 8 years old daughter and I have a 14 years old daughter from a previous relationship. His family is the reason for the break up. He is from Peru and families are very close, like clans. He wants...

Can I take my 2 kids and my stepson and just leave [ 11 Answers ]

I'm a stay at home dad, Have been for the past 10 years My wife is in the us army and has been cheating on me for 3 years, Right now we are in Stationed Puerto Rico, Home is Washington state. We have ( Me and the 3 boys) been dealing with physical emotional and mental abuse from her for a long...

Don't want to leave.mother of my kids wants me to leave. [ 5 Answers ]

I love them all so much,but she says I have to go.if I stay around she gets angry and a good dad but my head and heart is all over the place,don't know what to do,she4 won't talk about it.

Can I leave the state with my kids? [ 1 Answers ]

I Live in Virginia and I share custody of my children with their father I can no longer afford to live in the state because they decrease my child support can I leave the state with my kids?

View more questions Search