Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    yowmn's Avatar
    yowmn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 23, 2008, 04:17 PM
    How do I enter information from 1098-T?
    Where on my tax form would I file Box 5 from my 1098-T? I used Taxcut and entered the amount from box 2 but I do not know where to enter box 5. It will not let me enter under scholarships because it does not equal Box 2? YIKES!!

    >Moved from Forum Help<
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 10, 2008, 12:45 PM
    You do not enter it ANYWHERE.

    What you do is SUBTRACT the Box #5 scholarship information from the BOX #2 tuition paid, then enter the difference on your tax return.

    If Box #5 is GREATER THAN Box #2, then you CANNOT CLAIM any tution credits or deductions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1098-T from school [ 1 Answers ]

Recentely I received a 1098-T W2 from my school and quit honestly, I don't know what to do with it. I purchased TurboTax Deluxe (federal and state) so if anyone knows where to enter it into TurboTax that would be great.

1098-T tax form [ 1 Answers ]

I received this form for 2006 tax year, and am no longer a student. Am I suppose to file this paper? If yes, under what?

1098-T for F1 student [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I was on an F1 visa from Aug 2004 to May 2005 when I graduated. I paid full tuition for the Spring 2005 semester. I am currently on an H1B visa (beginning Oct 1st 2005). I would like to wait until June and file as a resident under first year choice so that I can get the $4000 education...

1098-t [ 5 Answers ]

Should I file this 1098-T form. I was on student visa the whole year. What is 1098T?

1098-T form [ 1 Answers ]

What is the use of 1098-T form for international students on F-1 visa (with assistantship). I received such form from my univ. and says some amount. Can I take exemption of that much amount. Advise please Thanks

View more questions Search