Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    alirezaroosta272's Avatar
    alirezaroosta272 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 10, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Having money out side the usa and bring it in?
    I have got almost $1.5m dollars in Germany which I from selling a none income property I have.
    There is no interest for this money and I fail to report it since I have it from Fab 2008
    What is going to be the legal way I transfer the money over to the USA and what form shall I fill out
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Jun 10, 2010, 04:49 AM

    US has tax treaties with many european countries, Germany is one of them. Which means you can transfer your money to your US account and pay a reduced tax or in some cases no tax at all depending on the source of the income. I don't know what form you fill out as I live in Canada, but you could ask your bank as they will be receiving the money in from a bank transfer from Germany, if this is the case.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the law to bring money to usa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a us citizen living in U.S and had a house in my country for many years and my brother was living in that house. Since he had moved out I have sold it and want to bring the money from that selling house to U.S The amount is $400,000 would you please let me know how I can do that and what...

My wife is selling here house overseas and we want to bring the money into the US. [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is a legal US resident from Singapore and we want to bring $130000 into the US to buy a house here.

Do the paintings of Stewart Wheeler bring any substantial amout of money? [ 1 Answers ]

I am just trying to find out if Stewart Wheeler is a desired artist and what are his paintings worth. Thank you.

Is it illegal to bring usa born mexicans children's to usa [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Peru, I am an American citizen now, my friends asked me to take their kids to Mexico and then to bring them back, this kids are born in usa, but their parents are illegal, I want to know if this is illegal to do.

I want to bring a canadian citizen to the us permanently and money is limited. [ 1 Answers ]

I have become very close to a young girl in a bad situation of abuse. She needs a fresh start. I want to bring her here, let her recover and then enroll her in college in the spring and get her a part time job, all leading up to citizenship. I am willing to sponsor her here, take her into my home...

View more questions Search