Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    hirenshukla's Avatar
    hirenshukla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 3, 2006, 06:30 PM
    H-1 Visa from F-1 getting back Social security and which forms to fill
    I am hirenshukla from India currently,I am on H-1 Visa starting from October 2005 and was on OPT (F-1 Visa)from January 2005 up to September 2005
    My company deducted the Social security from my from my pay during the entire year so could you please guide me how can I get that social security amount from IRS and which form should I fill ,I am single so just let me know are there are any different forms for Married or single.
    Thank you very much
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Apr 4, 2006, 07:08 AM

    File Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ as a non-resident alien.

    File Form 843 to claim a refund for the Social Security or Medicare taxes. Download IRS Pub 519 from, then read page 45 - 47 for the procedures and documents needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP... not sure which forms I need to fill out [ 3 Answers ]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a "real" job in which I received a W-2 and a second job in which I received a 1099-MISC. This is the first year I've had both of these forms and I need to know exactly what forms I need to fill out. PLEASE help! M:confused:

How to fill in tax forms on 401k distribution [ 3 Answers ]

g'day I'm trying to fill out the 2005 tax forms. Each year I fill in a 2555EZ form as I live in Australia. I then transfer the total earned income amount to the 1040 form (it is zero as I'm now a student). Have done this for a few years and there are no problems. Last year I cashed in half...

Which forms should my friend fill out for tax year 2005? [ 5 Answers ]

TaxExpert, We are in NYC. My friend worked under OPT for about 6 months in 2005 and then under H1B status. Other than 1040 and New York State income tax return, which form should she file? Thank you!

Proper way to fill in hole in back yard [ 2 Answers ]

In Rear corner of backyard there is a 2 foot wide by 3 foot deep hole. This is probably caused by drainage to the lowest part of the yard as it slopes that way. What is a good temporary fix until next spring or later? What kind of kind of fill is appropriate and how should it be ...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search