Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    health2100's Avatar
    health2100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Is the gift from non-us citizen taxable?
    My aunt who was non-US citizen living in Europe, proir her death from cancer, gave me her saving in a form gift of 90K that I transferred from abroad to my US bank account. It this money taxable or/and reportable?
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Oct 27, 2009, 12:25 AM

    Gift or inheritance received by you is not taxable.
    If you had account in foreign country, you should be aware of requirements to file Form FBAR.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift fron non USA citizen and transfer the money to the states [ 6 Answers ]

I am US citizen leaving abroad. My mother sold some property and gave me a gift of 90000 dollars. I want to wire the money to the states and establish a stock Brokerage account and buy USA stocks. My mother is not USA citizen. Do I have any tax obligations for the money I have received?

Gift from Non resident alien to US citizen [ 17 Answers ]

My dad who is an Non-resident alien would like to gift some amout ~$30,000 from the sale of foreign assets in the foreign country into my foreign bank account, which currently has only $100.00. He will be immigrating to the US during dec'09. For 2009, he will be a Dual status alien, i.e NRA till...

Taxable gift amount [ 1 Answers ]

What is the maximum amount an individual can receive as a gift before they are taxed?

One Time Life Time Gift Taxable? [ 19 Answers ]

I have an account with Dad for around 100K. Can I withdraw the $ without paying additional taxes? I understand the once per year 12K tax free gift to each of my family members but I would like to take a lump sum. My name has always been on this account with him.

Is interest income of a citizen of China he gets in the US banking accounts taxable [ 8 Answers ]

Does one have to file tax return for the interest income from CD or money market accounts in US if the person is living in China full time? What about the income for the work performed in China he is paid for to his banking account in US by US company? He used to live here and he has social...

View more questions Search