I am 69 years old and don't work and neither does my spouse work. We live with our son. I didn't pay any taxes - no earnings and no W2 or 1099, however took advantage of ACA, so I have to file taxes.

I have a 1095-A whose line 33C (monthly advance payment of premium tax credit) is 17508. While line 33B (SLCSP) is $17590. My annual contribution amount on line 8a of form 8962 is $12. So, my annual maximum assistance comes out to $17578. Because of this, I am getting a refund of 17578 - 17508 = $70.

Does this sounds right? I thought, I was not supposed to get anything back.