Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    vtOne's Avatar
    vtOne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 21, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Form 1040nr - file schedule D or schedule NEC

    If in 2009 I had some capital gains (through stocks), do I need to file Schedule D or file Schedule NEC?

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,818, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    May 4, 2010, 10:04 AM
    If you were physically located in the U.S. use the Schedule D to report the capital gains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule M for 1040NR [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Tax Experts, My brother came to US in Fall,09 and filing taxes for the first time. Can he claim tuition and other fees paid. If yes, which form should he use? 1040 or 1040NR with Schedule A ).. My tax preparer mentioned he cannot claim tuition using 1040NR. Also, can he file Schedule M...

Can I split mortgage interest between schedule A and schedule E? [ 1 Answers ]

I am posted outside the US with the US government and therefore renting out my principal residence. On my 2009 return, if I deduct all the mortgage interest I paid on my house in schedule E (rental property), I won't have sufficient deductible expenses to itemize in Schedule A. If I can't itemize...

Schedule E and Form 8582 [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to file Schedule E if I file Form 8582? My online software does not include the E form.

Schedule E and Form 8582 [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to File Schedule E if I file Form 8582?

View more questions Search