Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    lizpeter55's Avatar
    lizpeter55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Foreign country inheritance tax
    I am an USA citizen. I will be inheriting over million from Spain. I have paid the inheritance tax in Spain before fund will be transferred to me. Do I need to file the tax and what form do I need to file?

    Thank you.
    IntlTax's Avatar
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

    Sep 9, 2009, 09:17 AM

    Already answered by MukatA in another thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on inheritance or gift originating from a foreign country? [ 6 Answers ]

Would I have to pay taxes on gifts or inheritance that I may receive from a family member in a foreign country? Amount may be in seven figures. If so, anyone know if there are any loopholes that I may be able to take advantage of? And how much in taxes do I have to pay? Any response would be...

Are there US taxes due on Inheritance money brought in from a Foreign Country? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is a resident alien of the US and I am a US citizen. His mother recently died and his Dad sold the house. The money for the house will be given to my husband as inheritance because that was his mother's wishes. There will already be a decrease in the amount due to the exchange rate...

Inheritance From Foreign Country [ 1 Answers ]

Long, lost family member died in 2002 in Malaysia. I am sole surviving heir. After paying for services rendered in Malaysia for transferring the estate to me, my net gain expected to be $1.4MM. Since only $1MM is excluded from inheritance or income taxes on deaths occurring in 2002, what...

View more questions Search