Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    stela79's Avatar
    stela79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
    Foreign company invoicing US company for consultancy services

    I have a foreign company (Norwegian) that will invoice a US company (California based) for consultancy services. I will sometime perform my job from their office in the US and sometimes from my own office in Norway.

    Do I need to pay taxes (either federal or state) in the US?

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,780, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 29, 2011, 11:21 PM
    Probably not. You would have to spend enough time in the United States to meet the Substantial Presence Test for the income to be subject to U.S. income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Tax and Invoicing a US company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I work for a UK consultancy company and have been offered a project in the US for 4 months. I will be predominantly doing my work outside the US but will be doing some work from within the US - e.g. business meetings some training etc. How do I invoice the firm and am I liable for any...

TAX Deductions for FOREIGN company invoicing services in the US [ 1 Answers ]

I would appreciate a bit of advice in the following situation: There is a foreign company that will perform consulting services for a U.S. company, when this foreing company invoices its services, will it suffer a TAX deduction from the paying client (US Company)? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search