I recently got married to my husband in April 2009 who lives abroad in Canada. We are currently waiting for immigration and he will not be here permanantly until Feb. 2010.

I am currently claiming Single 3 on my paychecks. However, I am wondering how I will file at the end of the year being that my husband does not have any US Income or SSN. I have been told that I will file Married Filing Separate, but I know I will not get the best tax benefit that way. I was also reading that I may be able to file single because my spouse has not lived with me for more than 6 months out of the year? Is this true. Because if I am able to file Single then I would be able to file for Head OF Household and possibly Earned Income Credit. I have a 14 year old daughter who lives with me and if I am able to file HOH that would help. But is this possible if my spouse has not lived with me 6 or more months out of the year?

Also, do you have any idea how I should be claiming to my employer for my paychecks so that I will not have to pay so much at year end?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.