Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shals_in_in's Avatar
    shals_in_in Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Filing Taxes in Two states
    I am a resident of California since Dec 2005. I have received some back salary payment from my old company in Missouri in 2006. They paid off my dues in 2006. I have two W2s with payments from CA (present employer at California) and the other from Mo (old employer at Missouri). Since California taxes income from all states, will I have to pay income tax twice on the amount earned in Missouri. How can I claim a refund for the taxes paid to Missouri since I have to pay a tax to California on the amount earned in Missouri.
    There doesn't seem to be any provision on the Missouri non resident tax form to claim this.
    Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
    No, but California will give you a credit for the tax you paid to Missouri.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing for 2 states? [ 5 Answers ]

I lived in IL and worked full time through July.. then moved to TN and worked here the remainder of the year. Do I file for both or just one? I know Tn doesn't have state taxes but IL does. I'm confused? Help please.. Thanks! :)

Filing from 2 states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new on this forum, but would like to know how I'm suppose to file my taxes. My husband is in the military, and is able to keep his state of residence in Georgia, so he can file all through Georgia. I lived there most of the year, and worked there most of the year, and then we moved to...

Filing taxes when lived in two different states [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently moved from California to Montana. We both worked and have W2's from California. We also both worked in Montana and will be receiving W2's in that state as well. I was curious on how to go about filing are taxes for the year 2006?

Filing taxes for 2 states [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I normally do my taxes myself but for 2006, I'm a bit confused. I am a CA resident and worked in California for part of the year (8 months) and I paid CA state tax. Then for the remainder of the year, I worked in Connecticut (and paid CT state tax) -- even though I still have a CA drivers...

Filing in two states [ 2 Answers ]

I was in Grad school in Ohio at the beginning of 2006 until May where I was getting a stipend. Now I moved back to Maryland and have a full time job and own my own business. To I have to file taxes in both states even thought my perment address has always been in Maryland? Plus I want to...

View more questions Search