Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    svlowery's Avatar
    svlowery Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 2, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Filing taxes in 2 States
    I am a resident of Texas and worked there for half of 2007. The other half I moved to South Carolina and am working full time and attending grad school without establishing residency. I have received both W2's for the year. One with my Texas address and one with my South Carolina address.

    What process do I undertake to file taxes for this year?

    Also, is there anything else I need to do since South Carolina has a state income tax and Texas doesn't?
    luvs2shoeshop's Avatar
    luvs2shoeshop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Check out this site it might be able to help you with your question
    State Income Tax Returns - Tax Tips from TurboTax
    Hope it helps!
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,818, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
    You have to file a SC tax return for the money earned in SC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing state taxes in two states (IL and MD) [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert, I have the following questions for you: 1. Both me and my husbands work on H1B visas and we are considered residents for tax purposes. Last year we filed a joint tax return for federal and IL state taxes. We plan on filing jointly this year. My husband changed jobs in Nov...

Filing state taxes for two different states [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if I'm filing state taxes for two different states,do I need a special form or do I file separate?

Filing Taxes in two States? [ 1 Answers ]

The first part of 2006 I was residing in Michigan and collecting unemployment while I was looking for another job. Unable to find employment I moved to South Carolina near my daughter and worked there for 6 months. I am now back in Michigan and I don't know how to go about filing taxes for...

Filing Taxes in Two states [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident of California since Dec 2005. I have received some back salary payment from my old company in Missouri in 2006. They paid off my dues in 2006. I have two W2s with payments from CA (present employer at California) and the other from Mo (old employer at Missouri). Since...

Filing taxes for 2 states [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I normally do my taxes myself but for 2006, I'm a bit confused. I am a CA resident and worked in California for part of the year (8 months) and I paid CA state tax. Then for the remainder of the year, I worked in Connecticut (and paid CT state tax) -- even though I still have a CA drivers...

View more questions Search