Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    taxhelp52's Avatar
    taxhelp52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Filing state taxes for two different states
    I need to know if I'm filing state taxes for two different states,do I need a special form or do I file separate?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 19, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Most states have a separate form for part-year residents or non-resident who work in the state but do not live there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing Taxes in two States? [ 1 Answers ]

The first part of 2006 I was residing in Michigan and collecting unemployment while I was looking for another job. Unable to find employment I moved to South Carolina near my daughter and worked there for 6 months. I am now back in Michigan and I don't know how to go about filing taxes for...

Filing 2 states taxes at different times [ 1 Answers ]

I have a permanent residence in Maryland. But this past year I have worked 2 jobs in VA as well. I am asking if I can file my Maryland taxes seperatly from my VA. I ask only because I have not received all my VA w-2's and I ihave my Maryland. Any help for a confused soul?

Filing Taxes in Two states [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident of California since Dec 2005. I have received some back salary payment from my old company in Missouri in 2006. They paid off my dues in 2006. I have two W2s with payments from CA (present employer at California) and the other from Mo (old employer at Missouri). Since...

Filing taxes when lived in two different states [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently moved from California to Montana. We both worked and have W2's from California. We also both worked in Montana and will be receiving W2's in that state as well. I was curious on how to go about filing are taxes for the year 2006?

Filing taxes for 2 states [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I normally do my taxes myself but for 2006, I'm a bit confused. I am a CA resident and worked in California for part of the year (8 months) and I paid CA state tax. Then for the remainder of the year, I worked in Connecticut (and paid CT state tax) -- even though I still have a CA drivers...

View more questions Search