I am currently separated and my spouse and I are wanting to file married but separate due to the pending divorce. My question is that we have received a 1099-INT form for a joint account and we are wondering if we can still file separate. Could it be that one of us has to claim the account on their taxes? Not really sure how to proceed with this one.