Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Agnelo Menezes's Avatar
    Agnelo Menezes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 10, 2009, 04:29 AM
    Filing of returns for NRO Fixed Deposit
    I have a query as I am not well versed with this Topic.

    I have been living in the UAE since November 2007. I have made two NRO Fixed Deposits one of 2 Lakhs and the other of 3 Lakhs in January 2009 and April 2009. I do not have any kind of Income from India. I wanted to know if I need to file my returns as the bank is deducting tax at source.

    Assuming the tax deducted at source from the Bank totally is say Rs 20,000.00 and if I file my returns, am I entitled to receive this amount that is deducted from the Bank?

    Also could you kindly refer me to any person who could file my returns, and what is the documentation that would be required to be provided by me?

    A reply would be highly appreciated.
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    May 10, 2009, 05:12 AM

    This forum is for U.S. taxes.
    For India taxes, try mytaxes - Index

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Fixed Deposit with Nomination. [ 1 Answers ]

My father made deposits in a private bank and made me as lone nominee to receive the amount. My father expired now. But bank fails to clear the amount even after maturity and require me to produce some doucments regarding legal heirs. Will it be correct.

Filing Returns in US [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to US on Nov 2, 2007. Do I need to file return in US? Secondly if I go back to India in less than 180 stay in US, will I get tax refund in India for the tax I would have paid in US. Amit

Filing returns [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in the US since May 2006 on an L1 visa status. My wife is on an L2 but is currently not working. I have two children. My wife and I have SSN. Do I need to get a SSN for my children also ? Let me know

L1/L2 Filing tax returns [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on March 6th 2006 on a H-1 visa. On Sep 1st 2006 my wife joined from on a H-4B dependent visa. I am staying and working in New Jersey state since the day I came to US in 2006. I have never been to US in the year 2004 and 2005. On Oct 2006 my visa L-1 petition got approved...

View more questions Search