Due to my being broke, my credit cards were settled and paid by negotiation by a family member. I now have a 1099-C-I was told to I can file a 982 due to insolvency-

How do I fill the form out, can it be done with a 1040 (EZ) and can it be done online?
Last question, can I still have direct deposit for (any) refund?