Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    blive77's Avatar
    blive77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 27, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Federal return collected by state for state liability
    I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my efile?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 27, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Wisconsin does not have access to your federal income tax return UNLESS it is an old tax debt over two years of age.

    However, paying off the Wisconsin tax debt with your federal tax refund is not a bad idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal or state taxes on inheritance money [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi, My father recently passed away and left 50,000 dollars to shared by 4 of his children,The lump sum is to go to my brother and he is to distribute it equally,He say's about 33% has to go to federal and state taxes,We live in Ohio,can you tell me if that is true? :eek: Thanks so much...

New York State Return [ 1 Answers ]

I have already filed my New York Tax Return about 3 weeks back. (nothing shows up on the status as yet). Filed IT-203 but I sent my W2 and did not send IT-2 What should I do?? Any suggestions??

Va state return [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering why on my W-2 form the VA I.D. tax number of my company have more digits than my other W-2 form? Do I have to skip the letter in the I.d tax number and put in the software only the digits? I want to e-file but I can not do than because I have to skip the LETTER in the number...

Wife on H4, need to file 3 state returns and 1 federal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello There, I am on H1B Work Visa since last 3.5 years now and have been filing tax return as single since last 3 years. I got married on Dec 29th 2005 in India and have marriage certificate from india. My spouse is a Malaysian Citizen born and brought up there. She came to USA on H4...

How to do State return? [ 5 Answers ]

I filed form 1040NR and itemized deductions only for State and local taxes on Schedule A. How to file my State return? Can I use standart deduction there or I must itemize also? If I have to itemized,what actually to itemized as a deduction? Because I need to exclude state and local taxes on...

View more questions Search