Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    KansasStateGuy's Avatar
    KansasStateGuy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 14, 2005, 09:05 PM
    F1->H1, State Tax
    When filing state taxes, should I put the "adjusted gross income" as the income earned while I am on H1b or is it the whole year(h1b+F1)?

    I am filing Kansas State tax return, if that helps.

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Apr 15, 2005, 07:06 AM

    Income for the whole year.

    Kansas does not care about your visa status, but only about how much money you earned while within their state borders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, A question. I was in MS from 2002-2005 as an F-1 and did not file state taxes as my international advisor told me and other students not to bother since we wouldn't owe anything. Reading some of the posts it seems she was very wrong and I should have filed. I looked over my W2s and I...

State Tax [ 9 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert, Thank you for your help to all of us. I have been trying to find an answer to my questions through your previous posts but failed to do so. I came to the US in2003 as a F-1 student and was under F1+OPT status for 2005. I have two questions regarding my tax return: ...

Help on state tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have posted this question once before, I did not get any response. I am posting it again. I am currently on H1B1 visa. I got my visa on Oct 1 2004. I got married in Feb 05. My wife joined me here on h4 visa. She got admission at Michigan State univ and got her F1 visa in Aug. So now she...

H1 + Out Of State Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I have always filed 1040NR until now. Because I was on F1 or OPT. 2005 was the year I entered into H1 status. So I guess now I have to file regular 1040. Right? Is there anything different for me since I am on H1? I hear since H1 is non resident I am exempt from social security and Medicare. Can I...

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search