Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    soyuppy's Avatar
    soyuppy Posts: 25, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Estimated Tax Qtrly Filing for 1099 income
    My sole source of Income will be primarily 1099 (Non-Employee Compensation). Thus I would require to file the 1040 ES and the CA 540 ES each qtr.
    Do I require to pay FICA+Medicare? And where would I file this under the 1040ES? Likewise, for CA, there's the SDI (State Disability Insurance), where would that be file on 540ES?

    Any info is much appreciated.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,818, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Apr 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Yes, self-employment taxes (which is FICA taxes TIMES TWO) must be factored into your quarterly estimated tax payments.

    Not sure about the California SDI payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Query regarding filing extension(4868) for income tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have applied for ITIN (form W7) for my spouse as well as filed the federal return (form 1040) along with it and mailed it to the Internal Revenue Service ITIN operations on March 9th 2007. They say that it normally takes 4-6 weeks for the processing. One thing that I want to add is I have...

Estimated Tax using 1040 or 1040NR (does it even matter) [ 1 Answers ]

I am a married Indian Citizen, me and my wife were on F1/F2 from Jan - Sep and converted to H1 starting October 1st. I am filiing an extension so that I can pass SPT. I was wondering if the estimated tax in the tax form needs to be computed using 1040NR or 1040 and does it matter?? As there...

Estimated Tax [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the Estimated Tax. My income did not changed a lot from last year, but now after I completed the filling and printed the forms I noticed that I have four vouchers for estimated tax and one for my owed tax. So I have to pay $1415 the amount I owe (from 1040 line 76) and...

Tax implications of 1099 income [ 1 Answers ]

My son has had a paper route for the past 2 years and the income has always reported on his SSN as 1099 income. The newpaper company is changing policies and will no longer hire minors. If I put the route in my name and receive a 1099 for the income and the issue a 1099 to my son paying him the...

1099-MISC Tax Filing [ 1 Answers ]

First time ever reporting income from a 1099-MISC. ALL income is reported on this form. No other income for 2004. Total AGI $12,214. Question: Am I required to pay SSI and MCR taxes? If so, what forms do I use and are there any other recommendations/suggestions/concerns for filing this type...

View more questions Search