Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    MTD's Avatar
    MTD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 20, 2007, 05:57 PM
    EIN number - Form 8109 - Overseas loan from parents
    I have a loan from my parents overseas and my accountant told me that my parents are obligated to pay 10% of the interest earning to IRS by filling form 8109 annually. But in order to file that, I was told that I need to get an EIN number for myself, and another one for my parents... here I am facing a problem, because the IRS would not issue an EIN number for me, because I don't own any business. Is there any way to get an EIN number for my parents and myself, or do I not even have to worry about paying the 10% to the US IRS? I need help!
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 22, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I recommend you get professional tax help to file your tax returns.

    You can get the EIN just be telling the IRS you are stating a small business. They do NOT ask for business licenses or any other proof that you are starting a business; they just issue the EIN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

Overseas filing [ 3 Answers ]

If I am living overseas, what is the benefit of filing a NJ state income tax as a "non-resident"? Do I file a state tax return and get all the taxes deducted throughout the year back or can I claim exempt and not pay any state tax at all? Thanks for any help.

Appliances for overseas [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to buy an Electrical Range (Oven) and an Electrical Dryer to send them over to Romania. In the Range book, it said single phase 120V/240V. Over there, there is 220V. Can I install them? What do I need to do to make them work? As I understand, here the appliances have two hot wires...

Overseas Employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am working overseas as an employee not contractor. We get paid and they take out taxes. The question is how many exemptions should one take? Do you try to max it out or just use min say 2? If anyone knows of web pages where I can read about this and more please advise. Have a good one. Thanks for...

View more questions Search