Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    lyndafiddle's Avatar
    lyndafiddle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Did not receive 1099 NT
    I have just become a resident alien for tax purposes, after 2 years on J1. My problem is that I don't have a 1099 INT from my bank. I called them and they told me my interest was only 3.99 and they only send them out if interest is over $10. I'm not sure how to fill out the 1040EZ since I don't have that form - wouldn't I normally have to attach it when I file my return, as proof of the interest earned?

    Please help...
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Apr 9, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Even if you don't get 1099-Int you must report the income. You need to file Form 1040 or 1040A. You don't attach any proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F-1 Student receive a 1099 Misc Form? [ 9 Answers ]

Please advise can an F-1 Student receive a 1099 Misc Form and file taxes?

H1B receive both W2 and 1099 [ 14 Answers ]

I got H1B in 2004. In 2005 I helped one professor with a project. At that time I didn't know it is not legal to work for someone who is not your H1B sponsor. In 2006 I received both W2 from my current employer and 1099 from the professor. The amount he paid me (about $10,000) was listed in #7...

Will I have to pay taxes if I receive a 1099 from my short sale? [ 2 Answers ]

I am plainning to refinance my home and my mortgage company offered a "short payoff" in which I will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. Will I be required to pay taxes on this money?

Can a 1099 receive Vacation Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee moves from a W2 to 1099, Are they entitled to cash out on their remaining vacation benefits?

1099-G and 1099-INT, filing as a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and filing my taxes as a non-resident for 2006. 1.> I received 1099-G of my 2005 state tax refund. In my 2005 federal tax return I had used the standard deduction on line 11 of 1040NR-EZ i.e "Itemized deductions" line since it is entitled to students from India. Is...

View more questions Search