Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Tony_ss's Avatar
    Tony_ss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 17, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Detailed description of 1099,W2 and corp to corp
    I would like to know the detailed description of 1099,W2 and corp to corp in staffing and consulting firms.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 17, 2008, 10:39 AM

    There are multiple Forms 1099, such as 1099-MISC, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-DIV, 1099-G, 1099-INT, 1099-LTC, 1099-R, 1099-S, etc. Can yo be more specific?

    Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) is the form used to report an employee's wages/salary to the IRS, Social Security Administration, state and local tax authorities and to the employee himself.

    Not sure what you want for "corp to corp".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between W2 and Corp-to-Corp [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know the difference between compesation in W2 and Corp-to-corp when working as a consultant for a company. For eg: if my comp rate is 40$/hr W2 for 1st case and 40$/hr corp to corp for second, in which case am I supposed to take care Of my taxes? :confused:

What is W2 and Corp to corp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Iam on H1B . Iam in search of jobs on .net technology. Whenever I call some consulting company, they ask me if I am willing for w2 or corp to corp! What are these tax terms?

View more questions Search