Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    carpester's Avatar
    carpester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 5, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Delenquent State Tax from 2005 Letter
    I got a letter from the Kansas Dept of Rev. stating that my "federal tax information does not match the amount reported on your state return." They say I somehow reported 4349 less income on my state taxes... I can't find my info for 2005 and I just realized that this says it was due 3/29 not 4/15! Ah!

    So, what do I do? I don't think that I would have made that big of a mistake... What is going to happen now that I am late?
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Apr 6, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Do you have a copy of your 2005 tax return? If yes, compare income reported on federal return to the income reported on the state tax return. Try to figure out why you have received the letter.

    If you don't have 2005 tax return, you can get transcripts from the IRS. Call IRS. Also call the state for the transcripts/copy of your return.

    Meanwhile don't miss to answer the letter. If you have missed the date, this may amount to confirmation of what is said in the letter. But still write them a letter asking for more details about what income you have not reported.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W-2 in State Tax state and 1099 In Non State Tax state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am very lost and confused. This is my first year to do my own taxes. I basically have taxes for 2 states. My question is my Drivers License is in NM my job was in AZ from Jan 2006 to Aug 2006 then from Aug 2006 to Present I live in TX. AZ has federal and state tax and TX does not just...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

2005 tax returns [ 1 Answers ]

Is there software available for me to do my 2005 taxes because I haven't done them yet

How to get my 2005 Tax returns [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Here is the problem: - I Got married in 2005. -I Filed my 2005 tax Jointly for me and my wife on April 2006 from H&R Block. -I Mailed my documents to IRS as H&R Block suggested me. -But Till now I haven't received my tax returns. -When I call IRS, they says they haven't received My...

Last year State tax refund and do I report it this year on the state tax form ? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a state tax refund last year from New York. Must I include that amount as income on my New York return this year?

View more questions Search