Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shaaka_786's Avatar
    shaaka_786 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 2, 2008, 08:07 PM
    declaring converted stock? How?
    I work for a startup company where I was giving stock as part of compensation with 25% per year vesting agreement. It has been one year since I've been working here and 25% of my allotted shares have been vested (so I own them now). The company is still private and not traded. The share value is really low right now due to low evaluation. I don't know how to deal with this as far as paying taxes is concerned. People tell me that you have an option to pay taxes now or later when they are publicly traded. Is that right? Do you only pay tax on stock once? Should I file for them with this years tax? Which forms do I need? I'm totally lost on this matter. Please help.

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Apr 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
    To be frank, your tax question is a rather complex one which goes beyond my level of expertise.

    You need to get professional tax help from either a CPA or an enrolled agent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting for treasury stock used in stock dividend [ 1 Answers ]

How do I account for treasury stock use in a stock dividend for preferred stock? What would the journal entry by? I don't believe I should debit retained earnings for this transaction, but I'm not sure what account to debit. Please Help

Absorption Costing - Opening stock and closing stock query? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have an absorption costing query on the profit statement, here are the notes: Selling price per unit = 20 Sales for year 1 = 10,000 Production = 20,000 Production Cost Per Unit = 10 YEAR ONE

Declaring an unfit parent [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stepdaughter who's mother has been in and out of jail this child whole life. She is on probation, doesn't follow court orders, and has extreme anger issues especially towards my husband. She has been in jail for 7 months and was just released. She was put in jail for retail theft during...

Stock Split and Stock Dividend Differentiated [ 2 Answers ]

What are the differences between the accounting and securities market between the 2 methods of increasing the number of shares outstanding. The 2 methods are stock splits and stock dividends.

View more questions Search