Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Debbie0711's Avatar
    Debbie0711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Need copy of 2006 tax return
    I would like to obtain a free copy of my 2006 tax retuen
    lrwilkins's Avatar
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member

    Nov 19, 2008, 08:20 PM

    Hi Debbie,

    You can contact the IRS and they will send you what they call "transcripts" for free within 2 weeks. The number is (800)8291040. If you want an actual copy, it will cost you $57.00 and a two month waiting period. It you need it for a mortgage or financial aid, the transcripts will have what they need.

    Good luck.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Nov 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
    If you filed on-line, contact the website; they may be able to help you.

    If you used a tax pro, for sure, he/she has a file copy, though they may charge you a handling fee of $5 - $10 to make a copy for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copy 2006 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a problem filing my 2007 taxes online , it seems that I do not have my proper 2006 tax numbers correct. How do I get a copy of those numbers? Thanks julie [email protected]

Copy of 2006 income taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can I obtain a copy of my 2006 income taxes and how fast?

Can I get a copy of my 2006 returns online [ 1 Answers ]

I filed my taxes online last year and need to get a copy of my 2006 returns to file an emended tax return. I wanted to know if I could simply find them online or do I actually have to deal with the IRS

How to obtain copy of 2006 tax return [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get a copy of my 2006 tax return filed by HR Block

Need copy of 2006 1040 [ 1 Answers ]

I e-filed my 2006 tax return at a public library on their computer. Unfortunately, their printer was down, and I couldn't print a copy of my 1040, or the 8053-OL that I needed to mail out. Now I can't find the website that I used and I need to get the 8053-OL sent in very soon, but I need the info...

View more questions Search