Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    rpatel's Avatar
    rpatel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 9, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Can I file 1040A as I am an international student and paying my Student loan in USA?
    To,Atlanta Tax Expert

    Hi,I am an international student currently on OPT-F1 visa and working full time.
    I am paying my student loan in USA through citi bank.I am going to get the 1098e form from bank about $2800 interest or something..
    I called many tax filers and telling me different forms.. I am so confused what should I do..
    Can you guide me? or Can you file for me? I live in columbia,SC.How can I contact you?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 18, 2011, 01:53 PM

    You CAN file Form 1040NR-EZ and claim the interest paid as a deduction on Line #9 of IRS Form 1040NR-EZ.

    You also need to file Form 8843 with the Form 1040NR-EZ, plus the state tax return.

    If you need professional help filing your return, email me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Student Loan Interest Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

I have been going through this forum and it has really helped me solve a lot of questions. Just one thing I could not find an answer to. If I have been repaying a student loan (in India) in 2007 with considerable interest payment over the year, can I claim that interest in 1040NR/1040NR-EZ as...

Another F1 student - Private International Student Loan on 1040-NR-EZ [ 11 Answers ]

I'm in my fourth year of college as an international student. I filed 1040-NR-EZ since my first year since I always had a small income coming from on-campus employment. I financed these past two years of school with Sallie Mae International Student Loans and I was wondering if those will influence...

International Student who filed 1040A using I need to amend? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an international student studying in the US and for the past 2 years, I filed the 1040NR EZ tax form on my own. This year, I thought I was doing something wrong since the figures didn't look right, so I went and did my taxes through Turbo Tax. I didn't realize until after I sent the...

View more questions Search