Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Can I claim my sister kid 4 kids on tax return? If the lived withme?

    Asked Nov 29, 2007, 12:27 PM 1 Answer
    If I have been supporting my sister's 4 kids for 12 months. Can I claim them as tax exemptions?

    Last edited by amelialangi; Nov 29, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    1 Answer
    450donn's Avatar
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

    Nov 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amelialangi
    If i have been supporting my sister's 4 kids for 12 months. can I claim them as tax exemptions?
    If you have proof that you paid more that I think 60 percent of their total support, sure you can. Simple to call the IRS and ask them what percent is required to claim them.
    Helpful (1)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claim my parents as dependent for tax return [ 7 Answers ]

I am a green card holder. My parents from China stayed with us for more than six month in 2006. Can I claim them as dependents for the tax file of year 2006? If yes, what should I do? Thank you very much, Helen

Claim my mother as dependent in tax return [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen. My mother has a green card and social security number since Oct, 2006. Can I claim her as my dependent in my tax return? Thank you very much. Sincerely, Shih-Chu Liao

B1 visa but want to claim and return the tax [ 7 Answers ]

On year 2005, I came to USA as J1 work and travel program--so I got the SSN Then on 2006, I came to USA as B1/B2 (tourist visa) and work in USA And the problem is when I filled W-2 form (2006), I wrote EXEMPT on that form, and now they send me 1040NR-EZ and 1040NR form to fill and return to IRS...

May I claim my parennts as my dependent for 2006 return using first year choice? [ 3 Answers ]

All tax experts: I am a permanent resident in usa, married and plan to file 2006 tax return using married jointly. My parents came to USA in NOV 20th, 2006 to visit us and live with us until November 2007. I provide them all the living costs. May I claim them as my dependents using...

View more questions Search