Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sanchiakelly's Avatar
    sanchiakelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 4, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Can I claim my new born child that was born on January 2008
    Can I claim my new born child born in January 2008 on my 2007 taxes?
    twinkiedooter's Avatar
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

    Feb 4, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Not unless the child was born before December 31, 2007 you cannot claim them. Anyone born after January 1, 2008 will have to be claimed on 2008 taxes. Sorry.

    Please don't try it as the govt can find out and then you'll have to pay all that money back and be in a world of hurt besides. Tempting, but please don't.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 4, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Whatever would make you think that would fly?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,771, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Who knows?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights before the child is born [ 5 Answers ]

I need some advise, I am pregnant and am not with the father of the unborn child. He has agreed to sign over rights, is there any way to do so before the child is born or can this only be done at the time of birth. I don't want this guy to change his mind at the last minute because he is not fit...

What should I do when my child is born? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I'm almost 9 months pregnant and my boyfriend left me when I was about 5 months... im 17 and he is almost 19... he has a new girlfriend now who's 15... I live in Maryland... I don't want him at the hospital when my daughter is born... but does he have any rights to come see her or take...

In CA who has custody of child born out of wedlock? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I want to thank you in advance for any answers you may have. My son is 8 years old. He was born out of wedlock. After 7 years of me raising my son by myself, I agreed to let my son live with his father for a year. This was a mutual and verbal agreement made by his father and I....

Child born in USA, but [ 2 Answers ]

Living in France with the Mom, french citizen. The child has never requested any american documents, she just has her french id and passeport. Could she go to the USA , travelling with french passport ? Or does she need to apply for an american one? She is eleven years old now, she left the USA...

View more questions Search