Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sreeja_19's Avatar
    sreeja_19 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 2, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Box 14 - Sec125. Should I enter tax return?

    I have an entry in Box 14 on my W2 for Sec125. I think it is Health Insurance for my spouse which I added in March 2007.
    I am however not sure if I should add that while filing my returns? How will that affect my total refund?
    I am using Taxact online filing and have an entry for Box 14 but it states it as Railroad taxes. I don't think it is that.

    BTW: I am married filing jointly with my spouse. I am the only earning partner for last year. I am on H1 and my spouse on EAD.

    Looking forward to your reply. Much appreciated.

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 4, 2008, 10:06 AM

    You do NOT add it to your return. The Sec125 refers to the IRC section which allows you to pay health insurance premiums with pre-tax dollars.

    Just ignore it; it is NOT relevant to your efiled reurn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When my wife has to enter US to be claimed as my tax dependent exemptions [ 2 Answers ]

HI, there, Just a question regarding to tax dependent. My wife and I married outside US this year. She is planning to take the visa interview on Dec. Can she be count as my tax dependent exemptions for my 2007 tax return if she enters US before 12/31/2007? When will she be eligible to be...

Tax Return form and Tax Status-F1 to H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dear, I am Korean who grew up in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I am Korean citizen, but I hold Bolivia residency. I came to California on February 16, 2001 under B-1 visa. After 5 weeks, I went back to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in order to get F-1 visa. Then, in June 02, 2001 I came back to California...

1099 -R, Where to enter the gross distribution and tax withheld [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am filing F1040 . I received 1099-R (Distribution from pensions, annuitites, retirement or profit-sharing plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.). My question is 1) where to enter gross distribution and federal income tax withheld. Line 15a & 15b of F1040 (asks about IRA distribution)...

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

Box 6 Medicare Tax Withheld [ 1 Answers ]

My program doesn't pick up on this as far as a refund. Do you not get back any of the medicare tax withheld? Also, Atlanta Tax Expert, if they agreed I was exempt from FICA, are you also exempt from the MED/EE?

View more questions Search