Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    TNSEN's Avatar
    TNSEN Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 30, 2009, 03:59 AM
    Assessee invested in fixed deposit with SBI NRE account in US$ out of income from for
    Assessee invested in fixed deposit with SBI NRE account in US$ out of income from foreign currency when his status was NRI in earlier year. Now his status is resident. Whether interest accrued on above F.D. in US$ is taxable for the current year?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Dec 30, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Redundant question; already answered.
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Dec 30, 2009, 05:15 PM

    Your question is about India taxes. This forum is about the U.S. taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest earned on ICICI NRE account - Is it taxable in th US? [ 5 Answers ]

I work in the US (H1-B status). I have an NRE account with ICICI bank. I have some questions regarding this. a. Is the interest earned on this account taxable in the US? If so, what are the forms that I need to fill out for this? b. Should I declare this account information to the IRS while...

Filing of returns for NRO Fixed Deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a query as I am not well versed with this Topic. I have been living in the UAE since November 2007. I have made two NRO Fixed Deposits one of 2 Lakhs and the other of 3 Lakhs in January 2009 and April 2009. I do not have any kind of Income from India. I wanted to know if I need to file...

F1 to h1b - oct 2008, nre account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi experts My question is: I am an indian citizen. I was on opt fron 1 jan08 and from 1 oct 08 on h1b. From jan 08 I am in Colorado. I will be opening an nre account: 1) if balance is more than 10000$, then do I have to fill form TD F 90-22.1 ? Do I have to fill it or only usa citizens? a)...

Bank Fixed Deposit with Nomination. [ 1 Answers ]

My father made deposits in a private bank and made me as lone nominee to receive the amount. My father expired now. But bank fails to clear the amount even after maturity and require me to produce some doucments regarding legal heirs. Will it be correct.

NRE / NRO Account - Taxation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Iam currently working in UK from Dec 2006 and my period of stay is uncertain. Iam here on a work permit. In my organisation this was treated as a transfer from my company operating in India to my company operating in UK hence I had been removed from my Indian Payroll and I am currently in my...

View more questions Search