Hi there,

I've been issued a 1099-MISC for an award I received (listed under Other Income). The organization paying the award is in New York, and I live in Massachusetts (though I'm filing as a non-resident for both state tax and federal since my tax home is outside of the U.S.). Do I have to file a NY state tax, or include this amount in my Massachusetts state tax?

Also, one of the online banks I use is based in NY and they've issues me a 1099-INT? Does this mean I have to file state tax in NY?