Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    wawdallas's Avatar
    wawdallas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 25, 2007, 06:03 PM
    1099-G Question
    I received a 1099-G (Georgia) for tax year 2005, what is this and do I put it on my current one or how do I deal with the past? If I put it on the current where do I put it?

    Also I have a 17 y/o daughter and trying to add hers to my return so she doesn't have to file a separate one and on turbo tax it is confusing, do you just add her W2 at the beginning with ours?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
    You DO put it your current 2006 federal tax return, on Line 10 for Form 1040.

    You see, if you itemized in 2005, your withheld state income taxes was an itemized deduction. If you got a state tax refund, that refund is considered taxable income for 2006.

    As for your daughter's income, you cannot add it to yours. You can only add your and your spouse's income together in a joint return.

    Your daughter will have her own return. She can choose NOT to claim her own exemption so you can claim her on your return. It probably will NOT affect her tax refund at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Misc question [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I worked as an Independent Contractor for a few months and received a 1099 Misc for the same. As I was going through the instructions for Schedule C-EZ, it said I need to fill the form if I am continuing the business.. which I am not. So should I include the amount in 1099 MISC in Other Income...

1099-R / P Code Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- My employer last year indicated that certain members of the company would be getting a 401k distribution because the company failed its non-discriminatory test by the government (set up to ensure that the plan set up by the company benefits employees of all $ levels.) Unfortunately,...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am following this forum for last couple of months. It is a very good source of tax information. I am non-resident alien from India. I was on F1 (OPT) from Jan 06, 2005 to Nov 30, 2005. My H1B status started on Dec 01, 2005. I am filing 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843. I have received...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 1 Answers ]

HI ATE, Thank you for reply. I always thought that 1099-INT (Interest income) from non-business activity such as savings/checking account interest, deposit receipt interest or anything that comes under category 1099-INT is exempt for non-residents and should not reflect on 1040NR-EZ. What do...

1099-A Question [ 3 Answers ]

When we filed bankruptcy in '99, we did not reaffirm on our mortgage loan, and was told we could keep our home as long as we still made our payments, but if we abandoned our home, we would not be liable for the remainder of the loan. We received a 1099-A and was wondering if we need to report this...

View more questions Search