Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ksc607's Avatar
    ksc607 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2006, 04:23 PM
    1099-G and 1099-INT
    HI ATE,

    Thank you for reply.

    I always thought that 1099-INT (Interest income) from non-business activity such as savings/checking account interest, deposit receipt interest or anything that comes under category 1099-INT is exempt for non-residents and should not reflect on 1040NR-EZ. What do you think?

    I read Pg.14, Pub.519 under Exclusions from Gross Income.

    Many Thanks

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 16, 2006, 09:33 PM

    Do not think so, but if that's how you read it, go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please, please help. H1b and 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I am a physician doing j1 waiver , on H1b visa. I am employed by a private group. The hospital pays 25000 dollar as a policy to new doctors over three years as signing bonus. In 2004 the hospital paid me 6000 dollar , but they sent me 1099 misc which I accepted and also showed on my tax refund. I...

1099-c [ 3 Answers ]

I have already received my refund for this year. After receiving my refund, I received a 1099-C form. I took it to my tax account and she said that the $65,340.71 in box 2 (it also listed interest in box 3 $9577.90), that I would have to pay taxes on, which is $14,000. I told her, isnít my ex...

1099 without tax id [ 1 Answers ]

I am still preparing the 1099 forms. One contractor fails to provide us his tax id. IRS 1099 instructions indicate that there may be penalty for not providing the tax id. Shoud I still file the 1099 for him without the tax ID? Or it is better off not to file at all.

1099-g [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I received a 1099-G regarding state tax refund I got 2005 and I know I have to include it as income in Form 1040. And I also received another 1099 form saying "Statement for Recipients of Interest Income", "Calendar Year", "Total Interest Paid or Credited-$36.67". My questions are, 1) I...

1099 c [ 1 Answers ]

I have a line of credit account that is now delinquent. Most recently the sent me a notice regarding a settlement. This is what the letter says: "Settle your past due account ONCE AND FOR ALL! Your current outstanding balance due on account number XXXX is $5,448.52. As of January 1, 2006, we will...

View more questions Search