Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegian's Avatar
    collegian Posts: 50, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member
     
    #1

    Mar 16, 2019, 07:27 AM
    1099-B has wash sales, can I still consolidate on schedule-D?
    Hello,

    I was going through schedule-D instructions and it seems like I can consolidate the transactions in 1099-B as long as basis was reported to IRS and it doesn't show any adjustments in box 1f or 1g.

    However, if I have adjustments in those boxes as reported in 1099-B can I still consolidate the entries without adjustment and only report the adjusted entries on form 8949?

    Also, should I use multiple schedule-D forms for 1099-B from different brokers or should I combine them on a single schedule-D?

    Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,744, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert
     
    #2

    Mar 16, 2019, 07:31 AM
    If you are using tax software, you can reduce the statements to PDF, report the summary results of each category (A through F), and attach the PDF statements to the return.

    If attachment is NOT an option, you can still report the summary and MAIL in printed copies of the statements under Form 8453 within three days of efiling the return.
    collegian's Avatar
    collegian Posts: 50, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member
     
    #3

    Mar 16, 2019, 08:08 AM
    I can't seem to use tax software since my ex-spouse didn't have SSN or ITIN and they don't allow seem to allow filling NRA in that field.

    I'm manually filling it, so was wondering.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,744, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert
     
    #4

    Mar 16, 2019, 08:12 AM
    Try TaxAct; they have the option of filing when the spouse has no SSN or ITIN.

    You can also enter the summary data on Schedule D and simply attach photocopies of the brokerage statements to the mailed return.

    You can also hire me to do it all; if interested, see my email address in my profile.
    collegian's Avatar
    collegian Posts: 50, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member
     
    #5

    Mar 17, 2019, 09:52 AM
    Thanks, I might give TaxAct a shot.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,744, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert
     
    #6

    Mar 17, 2019, 05:14 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Wash Sales Deferred Income: if I sold replacement sales on 01/29, but bought... [ 1 Answers ]

Wash Sales / Disallowed Loss Carry Forward I would like to know if the deferred disallowed loss from the sale of stock can be applied to the replacement stocks if I sell them at the end of the year and have ZERO "inventory" of the replacement stock at 2016 year closing,. EVEN if I buy them...

Schedule D, Wash sales on Form 8949, and line 13 of Tax Form 1040 [ 3 Answers ]

My schedule D says I have a net capital loss. On Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets, in column (f) under adjustment to gain/loss some W's appear, representing wash sales. If wash sales can't be claimed as a loss do I subtract these W's from my total capital loss as indicated...

How do you set up the Schedule of Collections from Sales? [ 0 Answers ]

Budgeted Sales: April $300,000 May $360,000 June $380,000 The company expects to sell about 10% of its merchandise for cash in the month of sale. The other 90% of sales are to be collected in the following amounts: 0% in the month of sale; 70% in the first month after sale and 30% in the...

I am in sales and get a 1099. Can I give another person a 1099 for getting leads? [ 1 Answers ]

I sell software and the software company gives me a 1099. Can I get other salespeople to sell the software, pay them a portion of what I get paid, and give them a 1099? I am not a business.

Monthly schedule on credit sales [ 1 Answers ]

90% of Sales are on credit with 60% of AR collected in the month after the sale and rest collected in the second month after the sale. Feb sales were $60,000 with March at $70,000. April at $75,000, May at $95,000 and June at $110,000. These are the only figures I know are correct so far. Bad debt...


View more questions Search