Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    harlirider2's Avatar
    harlirider2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 10, 2007, 01:56 AM
    1098-T tax form
    I received this form for 2006 tax year, and am no longer a student. Am I suppose to file this paper? If yes, under what?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 10, 2007, 11:13 PM
    You must have been a student sometime in 2006, or you paid tuition in 2006, unless the college mistook you for someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

1098-T form [ 1 Answers ]

What is the use of 1098-T form for international students on F-1 visa (with assistantship). I received such form from my univ. and says some amount. Can I take exemption of that much amount. Advise please Thanks

Form 1098-E and Moving expenses [ 5 Answers ]

I received a 1098-E from U.S. Dept of Ed for my student loan. However, I know that I did not pay the interest amount indicated in box 1. In box to the box is check saying that the interest indicated on the form includes loan orifination fees and/or capitalized interest. Will this come back to me...

F1OPT -> H1, tax form and tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on F1 from 1998 to 2004, F1 OPT from July 2004 - July 2005, and H1 since July 2005. I'm working at the same job since my F1 OPT (so I have one W-2 form). In 2005, I was in the US with H1-B for less than 183 days, but I have been hear long enough with F1 visa, so I don't know if 1. I...

What Tax Form I should use [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India. I was on OPT for first 3 months then turned to H1B for the rest of the year. I worked for the same company so I have only one W2 form. I also have some stock in my company that I purchased. I also donated some amount for which I can claim tax exemption. Last year I went...

View more questions Search