Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    trupti's Avatar
    trupti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 11, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency

    Guide me

    I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ?

    Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1 processing?

    Is possible to convert F1 to H1 in US only?
    lawanwadee's Avatar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

    Sep 18, 2008, 11:11 PM
    You cannot keep changing your status like that. For non-immigration category, you can change your status while you are in US only once, and term of both must not exceed 12 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

Change a J1 visa to a H1B visa [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working as a teacher here for 2 years with a J1 visa that expires in June 2009, I applied for another teaching job in a college and won the position, my new employer is ready to sponsor me, I think it would have to be for an H1B visa. What would I have to do? How easy/difficult is...

J-1 visa tax exemption, change status to H-1B visa? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Thailand and holding J-1 visa. For J-1 visa I can exempt tax for 2 years. I'm wondering how's tax payment after 2 years in two different status. 1. If I extend J-1 visa, do I need to pay tax back for the first two years? 2. If I change to H-1B, do I need to pay tax back...

Residency Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a UK citizen and my husband is Turkish. We recently moved to the UK and my husband would like to apply for residency here. Does anyone know how long this usually takes, and how long we need to have been living in the UK together? Thanks juliko

View more questions Search