Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turkey4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Can I, and how, move files from MS Works 3.5 to Works 9.
    How can I move my spreadsheet files from MS Works 3.5 to Works 9?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Typically newer versions of software can read files from the older version. Best to back up the files first and keep a copy of Works 3.5 in case.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Looks as though I may be wrong: Technology Questions - View Single Post - How to read Works 4 .wps files in Vista [Works 9?]
    You can try opening them on a computer that has Excel installed then save them as .xls.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:11 AM

If you still have access to the older computer, you can try putting a newer version of Works on it, loading and resaving your Works documents. I know Works 9.0 can read Works 6.0 or 7.0 docs, so that's the format you want to try to get them into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If "Faith without works is dead" What do you consider works? [ 30 Answers ]

We have all heard the biblical quote of "Faith without works is dead". So, what then exactly are these works? Many people say that simply beign a good Christian and regularly gong to church are works. But how can that be works? How can sitting in church each week and being a good person be...

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

Ms works database to ms works spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Have tried copy/paste but I get a message stating "make sure the destination area is as large as the info you wish to paste" .Anyone help please?

Fan works but light doesn't. Fixed and now the light works but fan doesn't [ 9 Answers ]

While I was at college somehow my fan stopped working. There is absolutely no explination from anybody but my mom did get a replacement so I didn't care too much. The fan has a ground from the mount(copper), ground from the middle of the fan(copper), a hot for the light(blue), hot for the...

View more questions Search