Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Excel formula pros needed
    Im pretty good with Excel formulas but not pro enough for this.

Is there a way to write a formula that will search for all instances of a certain date on a sheet and if it finds the date, it will take the cells value next to it and add them together?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Hi DrJizzle. Does it have to be a cell formula? It might be easier to do in visual basic for applications, which should be built into excel.

Let me know if you need help with this.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 25, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Yes. Is this correct
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip 1.zip (1.9 KB, 48 views)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Colb, seems to have the answer. But another way to do this is by using a query. You can create a query that Groups by Date and Sums the value for that date. You can then filter by the date.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Did I mention that VBA is more fun?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Yeah VBA seems to be where I will have to do it. However, I have absolutely no experience with that. Let me tinker with it and see what I can figure out. Otherwise, I shall return bwahah lol

Thanks all!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Display formula in Excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please show me how to display all formulas in a spreadsheet? I already calculated the data using formulas in a spreadsheet, now I just want display the formulas. Are there any keyword shortcuts. Many thanks.

Excel formula [ 3 Answers ]

I have a column that you manually enter a number; either 0 (zero) or any number greater than zero. I have another column with the formula of: =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22) If the resulting formula figure/number is greater than the manually entered number then I want a third column to equal: $0.00 But...

Lexapro Pros & Cons [ 2 Answers ]

I just started on Lexicon yesterday and am interested in hearing other user's comments concerning any/all side effects and are they worth living with. Thanks f:confused: or any/all feedback

Formula for how much wood needed to make shelves [ 6 Answers ]

I need three 17x22 inches I need two 15x41 1/2 one 20x64 three 13x18 how much wood would I need to make these shelves? is there a formula that I could use for the future? thanks

Excel Formula needed [ 1 Answers ]

I am keeping an inventory in Excel. Let's say I start with 100 units of widgets, I take 20 widgets from the shelf, but return 10 wdgets later because I didn't use them. I need a formula that shows the 100, then I want to show that I took 20, and then have Excel show that I returned 10. Can...

View more questions Search