Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    770 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Excel formula
    I have a column that you manually enter a number; either 0 (zero) or any number greater than zero.

I have another column with the formula of: =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22)

If the resulting formula figure/number is greater than the manually entered number then I want a third column to equal: $0.00
    But if the resulting forumal figure/number is less than the manually entered number then I want that same third column to equal the following formula: =T21/U21*BF21

Math was never my strong point - I just can't figure it out.

Can anyone help.
    Pluto3183 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:48 PM
    If I understand you right, you need an if-formula in your third column:

=if("cell with your days formula">"cell with manually entered number";0;T21/U21*BF21)

(You also have to set the number format to currency so that it shows $0.00)
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
    I believe this will work for you:

=IF(AK22>AJ22,"$0.00",T21/U21*BF21)

where AK22 = the 2nd column that holds the formula =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22)

and AJ22 = the manually entered field

Just change those two variables to the actual fields you are using for those and it should work. If not, let me know
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Nice job pluto... these are the same formulas... just make sure not to use the quotes " in the actual formula.

You can use the quote to tell Excel enter exactly this... as in mine where it says to enter exactly $0.00 or NOT use the quotes and just use 0 (as in plutos) but be sure to format that manual cell to Currency with 2 decimals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Display formula in Excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please show me how to display all formulas in a spreadsheet? I already calculated the data using formulas in a spreadsheet, now I just want display the formulas. Are there any keyword shortcuts. Many thanks.

A formula [ 6 Answers ]

Three-fourths of a number increased by 1 is 7. what is the number.

NE 1 know what this formula is for [ 8 Answers ]

E=2= +a+b E is Epsolon symbol B is Beta symbol It was on Treasure map from 1800's LOOK UPPER left corner area

Formula [ 1 Answers ]

IF( and that is a big if) light were to decelerate at the rate of I 13billionth of its original velocity per year , what would be the formula for computing the distance to the most distant observable objects in the universe: FRED

Excel Formula needed [ 1 Answers ]

I am keeping an inventory in Excel. Let's say I start with 100 units of widgets, I take 20 widgets from the shelf, but return 10 wdgets later because I didn't use them. I need a formula that shows the 100, then I want to show that I took 20, and then have Excel show that I returned 10. Can...

View more questions Search